Confluence is a wiki software that is used primarily for communication and knowledge sharing in companies, but also increasingly as a public wiki.
The Home of Confluence is the Dashboard. It is divided into five areas:
- The left column is a list of wiki spaces for which the logged in user has at least read access.
- Quick links
Among the spaces there are three links:
- created a new Wiki Space
- Feed Builder
- created a configurable RSS Feed
- People Directory
- Link to the list of users
- Tools and search
- In the upper bar is the search box and Login or Logout
- Last changes
- Below the recently modified items in chronological order are displayed.
- Right below are the personal favorites of a user.
To modify the documents Confluence has an XML-based visual editor that supports drag and drop, autocompletion of shortcuts and macros as well as entering Textile markup.
Dabei bietet Ihnen Confluence folgende fünf Arbeitsraum-Typen:
Start with a blank space and customise it for your project, team, department or company. You can add content using pages and keep them organised in a hierarchy.
Keep your notes, task lists and other content organised. With a personal space, you can…
- stay organised: Keep your notes, task lists, files and other personal content organised.
- share news: Use your blog to make announcements, capture ideas and share learnings.
- introduce yourself: Customise your personal homepage and introduce yourself to the team.
Create and manage technical documentation for your products. Create, manage and collaborate on technical documentation. The documentation space features a structured page tree that makes navigating content easy.
Capture and share best practices and solutions to common problems. Share knowledge and best practices internally with your team or organisation. Use with your help desk solution to address common requests.
Collaborate and share resources with your team. Share knowledge and collaborate on projects, processes and procedures with your team. They will be notified about this space and all updates. Team members will be granted permissions and added as watchers of the space.
The manufacturer’s customer list includes many large IT companies such as IBM and Cisco, as well as automobile manufacturers such as Audi. However, it includes organizations and institutions such as the UN, the CERN or the BBC or the Stanford University and the University of Vienna to.